Monday, June 11, 2018

NEW ZEALAND COMP and ONE YEAR

Okay so this week we got our new missionary and her name is Sister Mauga (pronounced monga) she is from New Zealand and she is AWESOME! She is so funny and chill and full of light and joy and she's got an awesome accent that I'm trying really hard to pick up. I LOVE HER!! There was a lot of craziness with MLC this week and tons of missionaries flying on island but we got a lot of work done. We are working at increasing our lessons in each day and it is bringing lots of success.

On Sister Maugas first night we ended up in a lesson with a women who is really struggling and expressed some suicidal thoughts that she's been having. I just sat and hugged her and cried with her as she told me about all the darkness she felt. I'm grateful that through my own experiences and trials I was able to be filled with empathy and the right words to say. We met with this woman every night for the rest of the week and she came to church on sunday! The lesson in Relief society ended up being on "I am a daughter of God" and it was SO PERFECT. She really felt the spirit. I'm excited that this will help her progress closer to baptism but I'm more excited that she's on the path to being filled with light instead of darkness. I know that the only true light comes from the gospel and knowing who we truly are and who God truly is. 

Also this week I hit my 1 year mark! YAAAYYYYYYYYYY Time is going by very fast its kinda exciting but more scary. 

The pic is me and the two Elders that came in with me! They were both on island for MLC so we got to see each other on our 1 year mark! Just missing my best friend Sister Laulusa​

No comments:

Post a Comment