Sunday, June 17, 2018

Small and Simple Things

So the weeks are speeding up and I have no idea where all the time went. This week was filled with highs and lows and it was hard but good. Sister memmott has been in and out of sickness all week, but we still were able to visit with lots of investigators. 

We have a chuukese investigator named Joses. His wife is  member and they have 3 cute kids including 2 adorable twin boys. We brought our ward mission leader who is a recent convert with us to him and Brother Lewis bore a powerful testimony about prayer and over coming his addiction to tobacco before he was baptized. The next time we visited Joses he told us that he went into the store to buy beetle-nut and cigarettes and he had them in his hand, but then he remembered what we've been teaching him and he said that he felt our prayers and he was able to put them down and walk out. It was so amazing seeing how strong he felt from being able to take this important step in over coming his addiction. He is so excited for his baptism in July. 

We are still working a lot with our investigator who is fighting depression and suicidal thoughts. She showed up at our apartment (she lives in the same apartment complex) early Friday morning and just started balling because she had been walking around and wanted to run away but didn't know where to go. We ended up spending 4 or 5 hours with her, and brought a senior couple to talk with her, and had her call a suicide prevention hotline. She had been hiding all the knives in her house and was afraid of being alone. 

Sometimes in missionary work and in life we feel that we need to be really efficient, visiting and helping as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. But this isn't what the Lord expects of us. He cares about the individuals and their needs and I feel so blessed to be able to help this investigator feel God's love. Her soul in priceless. She is worth as much time as it takes to help her not only achieve eternal life, but know that she is needed here on the earth right now and that God has a plan for her. I guess this week we weren't just in the work of saving souls, but saving a mortal life as well. 

On Sunday we had stake conference and it was a video broadcast from salt Lake for the stakes in Japan and Micronesia. Elder Gong, Sister Eubank, and Elder Rasband all spoke and it was phenomenal. They talked a lot about the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000. They spoke on how the boy gave all that he had and it really was not enough to feed that many people, but the Lord made it enough. My efforts in the work are not enough, there are too many people in need. BUT when paired with Christ, my efforts become magnified and I become an instrument in His hands. It is in the small and simple things, my daily habits and seemingly inconsequential choices that make up who I am and the impact I have. 

I am blown away at how He has blessed me and used me. His plan is so much better than my plan. He knows what I need and what I can give. He teaches me what I need and what I can give. But no matter how much I give, I always seem to get more in return. There is nothing better than the pure joy and peace that comes from helping my brothers and sisters that are a little lost. My Father in Heaven wants them Home and He wants them to be happy. The Gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in the true Church of Jesus Christ is the only way to accomplish these things. 

Love,
Sister Milne




No comments:

Post a Comment