Sunday, February 4, 2018

Guam: Friends and French Fries

Kamry was on the island of Guam this past week to pick up her new companion Sister Stewart from Las Vegas.  Kamry is now back on the island of Pohnpei in a new area.   She finally has hot showers!

This was a CRAZY week in Guam! Highlights:

  • I was "back in civilization" as President Poston put it which means I got to eat at fast food restaurants, go to Kmart, drive on a real road, visit an actual beach, sit on a couch, walk with carpet under my feet, and it was all very exciting and a tad overwhelming! 
  • I got my new companion and a chuukese sister made a flower maramar for me to give her and it was all way cute and fun. My comp is Sister Stewart, shes from Las vegas, and one of the first things she told me is that she loves rules and wants to be obedient. So we will get along just fine!
  • Heavenly father answered a ton of prayers: when I got lost driving on guam with no cell phone and just my new comp with a very empty gas tank (1 hour later we finally made it home), just staying with my wonderful Sister Missionary friends from different Islands was an answer to prayers, coming to this ward is such a blessing, and having some blood work all come back normal. 
  • On the plane ride to Guam, I met and talked for a long time to a woman whose sister is the relief society president of Uh branch, shes not a member but she invited me to visit her on guam! (which I tried to do but she was in the hospital). 
  • On the plane ride back I sat next to a very nice young french man and had an awesome conversation about God and prayer and how the world came to be. I essentially ended up teaching him the entire plan of salvation lesson and it was way fun. 
  • Sapwalap ward is AWESOME! These members really know how to do their callings and are all so excited to help with the missionary work, plus we actually have a meal schedule!! 
Love,
Sister Milne











No comments:

Post a Comment