Sunday, January 21, 2018

I finally ate DOG! Udah I iouki kidi!

This week was a blur! We have a ton of awesome investigators right now, but there was a funeral which lasts for several days here, so we weren't able to see a lot of our investigators. This means we got to spend a lot of time finding and we had a lot of success! We now have even more super awesome investigators! A few highlights from the week:

-Going on exchanges with Sister Behling who leaves in one transfer. It was so nice to have someone who is fluent in the language! I learned a lot:)

-Climbing into our rain water tank and finally cleaning it out! Its already dirty again so thats a bummer......but all is well.

-Walking around on wednesday which was the first sunny day in a very long time! We met a ton of cool people and ate our favorite "Koko" which is kinda like pickled under ripe papaya. And we added Koolaid to make it even yummier. 

-I finally got to eat dog! We were at a members house one night when her daughter walked in carrying a big dog leg from a party. It wasn't all the way cooked yet, but they gave it to me cuz they knew I hadn't tried it yet. Sister Taunauta taught me how to cook it up! I got to skin it, cut out the fat, cut it, then cook it. It was super yummy and didn't even make me as sick as some of the bananas do! It reminded me a lot of beef, but definitely had its own flavor. 

-On Sunday, the branch got to open a big package that Sister Bowers had sent them! It was filled with  magazines, candy, and play-dough. The funny part is that they had NO CLUE what play-dough is and they thought it was candy and so they all tried biting it and licking it. Once they realized it was certainly not food, they thought it was pretty funny too. 

-Today we got to go to possibly the prettiest waterfall on the island. The pictures do not do it justice, but it looks man made and like it should belong in Disney land. Sitting in front with the mist on my face was incredibly nice and relaxing. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you all try a little harder to learn about and become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. This week I learned even more about His life and His death. I can really see that the more we learn about HIm and what He did for us, the better we want to be, the more we want to give, and the harder we want to work. I feel His love and help in every aspect of this work. 
Love,
Sister Milne





No comments:

Post a Comment