Sunday, January 14, 2018

Peace In Christ

This week was filled with peace in Christ. Especially as my companion and I listened to the 2018 mutual theme song "Peace in Christ" on repeat! 

This week was also filled with lots of miracles and lots of rain. And many miracles had to do with the rain. My favorite was in the middle of a lesson with our branch presidents mother, who when I first met her told me her name was Sakau (the pohnpein alcohol drink). We have been teaching her very slowly and she has been listening and changing! She puts up a lot of walls but though our love and service, they are coming down. We were in a lesson this week with her and it started pouring down rain, and I just prayed that it would stop (because we were in her hut which has a metal roof so it was LOUD). Well I finally got to teaching the restoration, and as I shared the first vision account with her, the rain stopped, everything got quite. Her eyes did not leave mine the entire time. It was powerful and both of us had tears in our eyes by the end. 

I really have seen that this is Gods work and not mine. He has repeatedly put the right people in our paths at the right time. He is so involved with the details and the intricacies of  the work. It is incredible to me, he truly "opens doors we cannot open and performs miracles we can scarcely imagine". (Thomas S. Monson) 

Also, this week we had an awesome zone conference and the mission Health, Professional Elder Beaumont, and his wife, Sister Beaumont, came and they helped us up our shower conditions! We got new buckets with lids and screens to filter out the worms and we will now be doing chlorine treatments to the rain water we catch!! This is an answer to so many prayers! 

I love this work and these people. I love bringing the Gospel to the lives of people who never before knew where to find true peace and joy. I know that this Church alone can bring us true peace in Christ. 
Love, 
Sister Milne


Picture in the rain was on the wettest walking Wednesday of my life. It was a thunder storm and we were soaked and a river flooded up over the road and kids were swimming in it. It was so FUN! 








No comments:

Post a Comment