Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Power of the Priesthood

This week started off with us going on exchanges, so I got to hang out at the bottom of the Island with Sister Russell and my favorite Tongan, Sister Taunauta! We were actually where my companion, Sister James is from which was super neat! 

Then this week we had a couple of surprises show up on our front porch. The first was my old pair of Nikes that got stolen two months ago....or I guess just borrowed since they were returned? We were out walking for "walking Wednesday" and we came home at 5 pm and they were just sitting there on our porch. Super weird, but cool! Blessings from the Lord, eh? 
The Second thing that ended up on our porch was a cute little kitten! It was scared and alone so I took care of it for a couple of days. We named it Moroni because it wandered alone for a time, just like Moroni did. 

The rest of the week was just us working hard as usual. Saturday I was pretty sick, and all of our appointments fell through which I took as a sign that Heavenly Father just wanted me to rest. So I went home at dinner time and slept for 13 hours. I was feeling much better when I woke up Sunday morning. I know that I can't help others until I help myself first!

My favorite part of the week was Sunday night. We have a great investigator named Merleen. She lived in the US for a time, so she's super great at English which is fun! She has diabetes ( a ton of pohnpeians have diabetes)  and she has a really bad infection in her foot that has made her unable to walk for over a year. We taught her about the priesthood earlier this week and she desired a priesthood blessing. So Sunday we brought the Elders with us to give her a blessing. After they left we asked her how she felt when they blessed her and she said, "Oh yeah, I was going to ask you about that. What was that?! It was like electricity from my head to my feet. And it was really warm and just filled me up." It gave me so much joy to explain to her that it was the Holy Ghost that she had felt. She was so excited when I told her that she could feel it over and over again if she kept working hard to obey the commandments of God and read her Book of Mormon:)

I know this work is the Lords Work and it will continue to move forward despite opposition. I look forward to that day when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. I love my Savior and I love his Gospel. 
Love,
Sister Milne





No comments:

Post a Comment