Monday, September 25, 2017

There'd Better Be Coconuts in Heaven!

2nd transfer is over and I'm staying here in Uh with Sister James! We were both so excited and relieved. We both feel that this area needs us, or maybe we just need them. 

My favorite part of the week was walking on Wednesday and getting to meet so many cool people! One woman we ran into when going from house to house is a less active member named Marta. She is smart and knows some English and she let us help her shred coconut that she then juiced for the coconut milk and it was SO COOL. I love coconuts and I'm super interested in the different things they do with them, all based off when you pick them and how big they are. It was fascinating. She also let us eat some of the super sweet crunchy fleshy part that is not in coconuts you get in America and she gave us Uhpw which is the coconut water that you drink. It was like a dream come true:) 

My favorite person right now is our 13 year old investigator named Drisela. She's getting baptized this weekend and she is so excited! She told us she wishes this week could just be over so it could be her baptism already. She loves the Book of Mormon and sharing her testimony with us. She is such a blessing from Heavenly Father because she was so prepared and ready, there really hasn't been a single thing getting in the way of her progression. I know it's because she is so close to a strong member family, members are SO IMPORTANT. 

The rest of our week was fillled with lots of hard work and the same old water problems and car problems. Maybe it was because of the looming transfer calls, but I really enjoyed it all so much. I love Pohnpei, I love these people, I love my Heavenly Father and all that he has blessed me with, I love you all, and I really love coconuts.
Sister MIlne




No comments:

Post a Comment