Sunday, November 19, 2017

hoping the blessings will start dumping on us like this rain

Okay here's just a few highlights of the week:
  • Sister Bowers listened to the spirit and saved us from a giant, eel infested mud puddle while we were running through a muddy jungle road in the pouring rain barefoot on the way to a waterfall last Monday.
  • I thought we were already in the rainy season, but apparently it's just starting and it has rained so incredibly much. The good news about this is that when our water goes out, we can now easily catch water from the rain. This past week was filled with lots of rain water bucket showers.  
  • Everyone "cleans" for the Holidays which mainly just means they all work really hard to weed a ton a make everything look a little less wild and jungley. This means lots of opportunities to serve by helping to weed! And a bonus is that they often don't let us leave without feeding us:)
  • We are mainly working with less actives, and it's working! Our numbers at church are going up. I've really been trying to serve as the savior served, one at a time. It really makes a difference, each soul is worth so much!
  • We've begun having more language studies with investigators and members. We ask them to tell us a story, and I see how much I can understand. Its been super helpful because although I can do all the gospel stuff fine, understanding nongospel conversation is difficult. I continue to understand and learn more every day.
  • Sister Bowers and I both spoke in church yesterday, then she taught sunday school and I taught primary. It was so fun, and we were so happy to help, but members are so important! I've really begun to see  the wisdom in callings within the church. Callings bless both the Church and the individuals, they give us all a place. 
Happy thanksgiving! This year I'm most grateful to be counted worthy to serve as a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ.
Sister Milne

waterfall, bucket shower, happiness over christmas decorations, part-member less active family we are teaching, crossing the flooded river to their house​









No comments:

Post a Comment