Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sister Bowers and Service

This week with my new companion Sister Bowers has been INCREDIBLE! We are working so hard, being exactly obedient, and really focussing on building up the branch. I know that being strictly obedience brings blessings and joy because we are just so happy! Sister Bowers is really teaching me how to serve others. She is so good at finding ways to serve. This week we helped with laundry, carrying buckets of water through the jungle, cleaning our little church building, weeding, and just spreading love and the light of Christ to every single person we meet. Sister Bowers is the type of person that would give the clothes off her back to those in need, which she actually did this week when our investigator that can't walk said she was cold and that Sister Bowers' sweater was her favorite color. Sister Bowers immediately slipped it off and gave it to her. I have so much to learn from her and I'm so grateful to be her companion. We are both sad to only get to be together for her last transfer, but we are making the best of it!

This week we started teaching a young girl that was a former investigator. Her name is sharon and when she was taught before she would never go to church. However she had a baby in August and since then she started to come to church on her own! She lives with a less active member so within the next couple weeks we will be working on getting them married so that she can be baptized. She is pretty shy but very happy that we are guiding her and helping her little family. 

We have also been focusing more on Merleen, the investigator who can't walk because of a very serious foot infection and who Sister Bowers gave her sweater to. I have been a little stuck with her, not knowing how to help her progress because she can't go to church. Sister Bowers came with so many new ideas on how to help her, so this week we started doing language study with her. Its a win-win because she knows great english and is awesome at teaching me and she loves the company and our friendship. We also are figuring out  how exactly we are going to get her to church, and I'm not sure how, but I have faith that it will happen! 

Every single day I love Pohnpei more and more. These people have my whole heart and I'm so lucky to be able to serve them!
Love,
Sister Milne




No comments:

Post a Comment