Sunday, August 19, 2018

It's the little things

Miracles:
  • Got a text from an investigator saying she was in an emergency situation. We went right over to pray and uplift her because her bakery was going to be taken away if she didn't pay $2000 by lunch for the rent. We talked to her about how God will provide a different way for her to make money if she  loses the bakery. We told her to pray and that God has a plan for her. One hour later we got a call from her, "Guys! I just wanted to tell you my miracle, God answered my prayer!" She prayed, felt to call up a certain friend, the freind lent her $1200 and she was able to pay that and sign a contract that she would pay the rest by the end of the month. Sometimes God and His miracles blow me away because to be honest, I had faith that God would help her somehow, but I did not expect Him to provide money like that so fast!
  • We need to increase our teaching pool so we've been finding people we don't know from our member list. We kept seeing an area called Gillbreeze and Gillbaza which we were able to find with a senior couples help. Its a really poor area that is hidden at the back of a nicer neighborhood. We walked around for an hour and EVERY person we talked to set a return appointment. I had been stressing about the work and not having a lot of progressing investigators, but that day I had made a conscious decision to slow down and focus on my companions and lifting them and God blessed us for it. Faith is not fast or intense, but firm and calm and steady. 
  • Our investigator Dayneen is still waiting for the father of her 5 children to finally marry her. I have been praying for opportunities to talk to him and possibly teach him. Due to a serious ramen spill, we got to our language study appointment at our recent converts house late and I had to take a chuukese sister with me instead of my companion. I was a bit frustrated at things not going the way I had planned. When we left the appointment and Dayneens husband pulled up to visit his cousin that lived nearby, I saw how God does have a plan. Sister Petrus was able to talk to him and turns out his cousin was her neighbor back in Chuuk. We invited him to church and to learn more and it was one of the most positive experiences we have had with him. What I consider a set back, was actually a blessing. 
  • We had a devotional with President Gay from the presidency of the seventy and the Presiding Bishop and it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. It was seriously life changing. 
Love, 
Sister Milne



No comments:

Post a Comment