Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Gospel is Simple

This week I learned a lot about the simplicity of the Gospel. I have a goal to not speak any English during lessons which means right now I can pretty much just bear my testimony on whatever is it Sister James Teaches about. But its really helped me see that what is most important is the spirit. Sometimes I forget that the warm, peaceful, happy feelings of the spirit are something that most people have never felt before. My companion, who is a convert to the church, says that for her it was like coming from darkness into light, as if she had been lost and she didn't even know it until she was found. I love that, and I love the Holy Ghost so much. It fills me up with a calm confidence and assurance that this is the only church with the fullness of Christ's teachings. How blessed I am to have it!

This week an 8 year old boy who comes from a part member family was baptized. We have been teaching him at the request of the Branch President just to make sure he was ready for baptism. He is so cute and it was so fun to hear sister James really break the lessons down for him. It made it even easier to follow along word for word to what was happening! He always gives the best prayers, he prays for his dogs and his mom and school and for his baptism. He was baptized in the ocean off the side of a road that goes out to a little island that is part of our area. It was so pretty! 

A few fun things that happenend this week was: 
1. Waking up to the loudest thunder I've ever heard in my entire life.
2. Teaching a woman that has a legit mustache. Its like the old Chinease man style, long and thick on the sides with some wispies on the chin. 
3. A little boy giving me a surprise haircut in the middle of a lesson (the damage isn't noticeable)
4. Getting soaking wet scrubbing the cement floors of our investigators house.
5. Our water pipe breaking and us having even dirtier water than usual. We had to hike uphill until we found the break and the held the pipes together with a rock. 
6. Giving my first full length talk in pohnpeian in church yesterday. It was also the boldest talk I've ever given. I was so scared and I totally just read off my paper the whole time, but I did it!

This morning a few of us Sisters hiked up to some WW2 ruins and it was awesome! There were some cool stuff to climb in and under and there were some pretty views of the ocean. Every day I love to see what color the ocean is, sometimes its blue or green or gray. I'm truly living in paradise. Except for the mud and germs....but the pretty stuff makes the bad stuff not as bad:) 
Thanks for the prayers! 
Sister Milne














1 comment: