Saturday, July 28, 2018

My Sisters

This week I spent so much time with so many different sisters doing training meetings and trips back and forth to the airport. Sister Mauga have had just one day where we were the only people living in our house. I really missed proselyting a ton, but I learned SO MUCH from these amazing sisters. Here is a little bit about a few of them:

My comp sister mauga: She is 22 years old and from New Zealand. She was baptized when she was 8 but then was completely less active for 14 years. The missionaries found her family a few years ago and slowly brought them all back to chuch. She has an amzing testimony of the atonement and of working with less actives. She has so much depth and is one of the most cheerful and chill people I have ever met in my entire life.

Sister Pronarreeekkachon: She is from Thailand and is 24 years  old. She is an only child and was baptized four years ago. She had a boyfreind that was an RM and she was deciding between marriage and mission when he got in a car crash and died. She pushed through and turned something bad into something not as bad, by deciding to serve. After she got her mission call, both of her parents got baptized. She doesnt know very much english but despite that she is an AMAZING teacher. When I first taught with her, she recited the first vision and it was so powerful I cried. 

Sister Manu: She now is on Pohnpei but I got to spend some time with her and she is from tonga. She was a convert when she was a youth and was the only member of her church until a month ago when her mom was baptized. 

Sister Petrus: I served with her older sister on pohnpei and now it is amazing getting to serve with her here on Guam. She is from Chuuk and she has been a member for a long time, but being a member on chuuk is HARD. Now she is serving her own people and it is bringing so many miracles. We took her to our investigator Ferny and it turns out the were close friends back on Chuuk. We had an amazing lesson that had us all in tears. Ferny had been struggling with family that doesn't want her to get baptized. Sister Petrus brought that last extra support and spirit, and Ferny will now be getting baptized this Saturday

I love being a missionary and being here at this time and this place. These Sisters inspire me and I know they are here for the people but really I feel like they are also here to teach me:)

Love, 
Sister Milne


No comments:

Post a Comment