Monday, July 2, 2018

GIVE MORE

One of our investigators lost her house and starting today will be homeless with her four kids. We met with her every day this week and cried with her as she expressed her concerns about sleeping in the car on the beach and not knowing where her kids would use the bathroom or shower. I wish that I could do more. I wish I could take her in. I wish that someone in the ward would take her in. We tried reaching out to the ward for help but I suppose we were asking too much. It amazed me though as the ONLY 2 women who offered to take her in (but were both unable to do to their husbands) were two chuukese women who have both experienced homelessness before. The women that had big homes and no worries were unwilling to give while the women with the smallest homes and who were struggling offered to give all they had. 

This taught me a lot about giving out of our excess verses giving all that we have and making an actual sacrifice. I'm so grateful for these Islanders that have shown me how to truly give. It doesn't matter how someone got to where they are or what is going on, CHARITY NEVER FAILETH. I don't want to look back on my life and wish I had given more. 

This was the main thing that happened this week. Another cool thing was our investigator Joses who is getting baptized this week told us about how he was going to chew beetle nut but then decided he was done and threw it out the car window. Also, they had this giant purple lobster he caught and it was really cool. 
 Also, we had a sister missionary fourth of july dinner, and Sister Mauga wanted a pic with the american fllag on her cake:)
Sister Milne





No comments:

Post a Comment