Sunday, September 3, 2017

Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God

This week feels like so much happened but also like nothing happened! We finally got our water back Tuesday night, so it wasn't too long without water luckily. It was kinda fun fetching water from the local water hose on the side of the road like the locals do.

We had to drive the sister training leaders to the Airport on tuesday to fly to their Missionary Leadership Council (I think thats what MLC stands for), and then pick them on friday. Plus we had to drive into town Thursday for our District meeting so that took up a lot of our usual proselyting time. It was fun getting to go into town and see other missionaries, but just hard scheduling wise. 
We also just had a lot of appointments fall through again this week.
But what has been cool through all of this is seeing Heavenly Father really guide us to where we need to be and when.
On Wednesday we ended up having an unexpected lesson with two sisters that we have been teaching. Their father, who won't let them come to church, decided to join the lesson, because of his friend that was over who it turns out is a member. This man has had a lot of difficulties and has been somewhat less active, but he helped so much with the lesson. He brought up the scripture in Matthew, "Seek ye first thing kingdom of God" which was so inspired. I know that this man needed to be there in that lesson. I will probably never know why, but I think it strengthened him, helped the girls, softened the heart of the father, and taught me! 

I've realized that I need to seek first the kingdom of God more. Instead of stressing over water, food, of other temporal things I need to focus my whole heart, might, mind, and strength on the Lords work and he will provide. 
He provided us with water when we didn't have any. I got 3 packages in the mail this week, all which contained food. (This is a blessing because the grocery stores haven't gotten a shipment in a while, which means today there wasn't a lot to buy and just the fact that we are on a island means food is pretty expensive.) My Heavenly Father is so aware of me and my needs and I know that he will not let me down.

This Sunday we had the opportunity to fast for the Church on Pohnpei. I really saw that as I put aside the physical, food and water, and focused on the spiritual, going to church and studying the scriptures, I was able to feel the spirit so incredibly strong. I sought the kingdom of God and felt the blessing of doing so. I know this truly is the Lords work and no matter what difficulties come, it will continue to progress forward until that day when our Savior Jesus Christ will come again.

A few fun things with the language:
1. As a child my nickname was kam kam and here there is a word kamakam which means to beat up. Ex. I pahn Kamakam uhk. I am going to beat you up. (Pohnpeians love this word)
2. In most languages the Title "Sister" gets translated on name tags such as "Hermana" in spanish. Here however, there really is no word for sister but rather you just say rei seripein which means my(sibling) girl, so i wouldn't make since to just put essentially My Girl Milne on the name tags. Going by Sister Milne makes it still be a formal tittle. 
3. The word for Dog is Kidi which is pronounced like Kitty. The word for Cat is Kat, except in the Pohnpeian language, T's make a "ch" sound, so it is pronounced "Cach"

Peace, Love, and Blessings!
Sister Milne





No comments:

Post a Comment