Sunday, August 27, 2017

Zone Conference!



​This week President and Sister Poston flew to our Island for a zone conference! It was so fun to be with all the other missionaries and to be filled with the spirit. It was the closest I've felt to being in the temple since coming out here. The zone conference really motivated us all to put in even more effort to increase the work here on Pohnpei. There's a lot of things that we cant control, but we dont want to be the limiting factor! We will be having a Pohnpei wide fast this next Sunday to strengthen the members and hasten the missionary work, and I'm very excited for it! I know that uniting together in fasting and prayer is seen throughout the Book of Mormon and I have faith that we will see miracles!

Sister James and I were so excited to get to work after the conference, and then so many of our appointments fell through.....But we aren't discouraged because we know the blessings come after the trial of our faith:)

Sunday we did feel blessed as one of our investigators, a young mom named Ronia, came to church with us! The members just loved her and her baby and I was so grateful to them for being so welcoming. Also, there was finally working water at the church building so we were able to have a full 3 hours of church for the first time in 3 weeks! Now the only water issue is that we woke up this morning with no running water, we went outside to fix the pipe which we have to do every day, but this time there was no water coming through at the break either....Hopefully we will figure that out by tomorrow, but if not I know that this is the Lords work and it will move forward. 

I experienced "muching" for the first time this week when we went and served our investigator named Sehpe. Its essentially just weeding/clearing out all jungle vegetation. Pohnpeians consider anything from nature or the jungle to be samin (dirty).The calmness and the smell of dirt reminded me of weeding our garden back home and it was probably the first time in my life that I enjoyed weeding. Also it changed things up, I love breaking up the normal routine. 

Also we hiked to a waterfall in our area this morning with some missionaries from our zone! It was super nifty. 

A lot of people here believe that as long as they believe in God and are a part of some church, they are doing enough. This week we had to work really hard to help our investigators understand that just like there was one True Church of Christ in the Bible, there is one true Church today and it is the exact same Church that Christ led when he was alive. And just like in the Bible, our words are not enough. We must actually do those things that God has commanded and that Christ taught. My testimony on this grows stronger every time I testify about it.

I ese me mwomwodisohwet mehlel oh I ese me Joseph Smith Wia emen sohkoup en Koht. I ese me kitail koaros serien Samatial Nanleng oh I ese me Sapwellime Poakong emenemen kitail.

I know that this church is true and I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. I know that we are all Children of Heavenly Father and I know that He loves each and every one of us. 

Sister Milne





No comments:

Post a Comment