Sunday, December 17, 2017

My New Tongan Companion

I spent this week with Sister Taunauta and sister Felt in Uh. We also proselyted a bit in Mand, balancing two areas is hard but fun! My favorite was getting to stay with 2 girls in the branch as my companions for all of Sunday. I've discovered a new love for the pohnpeian language this week. I love leading in the language, I love speaking the language, I love learning more about the language. I testify that the gift of tongues in real!
I feel like we did so much this week I'm having a hard time sorting it all out in my brain. We dropped Sister Bowers off at the air port. She was beautiful, covered in lays and headbands from the members and with tears rolling down her face. A sure sign of a successful missionary:)
We did a spelling bee again on Friday and Saturday the missionaries put on a stake fireside. The ward building where we put in on at in Sapwalap had forgotten to tell their members, so Sister Felt and I encouraged all the missionaries to go out on the streets and invite EVERYONE. We had great success, it was so cool! I love finding new ways to bring the church and the missionaries out of obscurity! 
Transfer calls were last night and I'm staying in Uh with Sister Taunauta! She is from Tonga and she is just the sweetest thing. She told me "My dad taught me that to show someone you love them, you hug them. Because when you are holding each other, your hearts are pressed close. I can feel your heart and you can feel mine and we are connected." This is just a taste of the never ending love and wisdom that flows out of her! 
I'm so happy to be staying in Uh because there is so much to be done and I love them SO MUCH. 

Ultimately I'm just filled with the most amount of joy I have ever felt and it seems to be increasing every single day and I know this is just a foretaste of the joy I will one day feel in the celestial kingdom surrounded by those I love and I know that it is all possible because of this Gospel!
God wants us to be happy, so if you are not, I suggest you pray, read the Book of Mormon, and go to Church. 
Sister Milne


No comments:

Post a Comment