Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas!



This past week was SUPER slow as I got strep throat again......so not much news in terms of the work. But despite trials and opposition, I'm super happy! So that's good. 

The highlight of the week was last night, Christmas eve. All the missionaries gathered together and our first stop was a family that just moved here from Fiji. They are having a hard time because it is their first Christmas away from home. We caroled and it made them so happy and the mom was crying and said "I have never seen so many missionaries all together!...Being away from home for Christmas is hard, thank you!" It just filled us all up with the spirit of Christ. Then our next stop was caroling down this street in town where a ton of people from outer Islands live. We then went to a member families house and did a little Christmas program with hymns and a nativity. Then we all drew numbers and got gifts from them. They make beautiful handicrafts. It was AWESOME. They put maramars (the headband things) on us and it was just a fun little party type thing but it was also service and centered on Christ so it was sweet. 

Tonight all the missionaries get to eat together and watch Moana because proselyting here on Christmas doesn't really work. 

Over all a super fun Christmas! I love you all and I miss you all but I know this is exactly where I need to be! So grateful for the birth of my savior Jesus Christ. 
Sister Milne




No comments:

Post a Comment