Sunday, November 26, 2017

Exchanges! with Kolonia and the Bathroom....



Last Monday we went on exchanges and I was with Sister Petrus from Chuuk in Kolonia which is in town. It was so fun because we walked everywhere and there were buildings and people! VERY exciting:) Also it was my first time leading in the language which was so incredibly fun. It made me realize I know way more than I thought I did.

Then Sister Bowers got really sick and I joined her in sickness for a couple days so this means we spent a lot of time inside. We got clean water from the Elders and cleaned the mold which we just discovered in our air conditioner out, so hopefully this will help us remain healthy! 

We were able to go to a meeting with our Branch Mission Leader and he made turtle! It was delicious. It tasted kinda like turkey but the texture was more like pig.

We were also able to go to church and despite our not proselyting for most of the week, there was 51 people there!! Also, a boy turned 12 and got the priesthood so we now have someone besides President to pass the sacrament. Plus, our investigator Sharen has a baby named Sharpay and she got blessed and it was beautiful!

Plus thanksgiving was so fun, we had a great potluck meal with all the missionaries here and we got to watch the movie Spirit of the Game.

Then today, we took a boat out to a little tourist Island and I've never seen such blue water in my entire life.

My favorite part about the week was getting to spend lots of time studying the scriptures and church magazines. They gave me more faith and taught me how to choose a positive attitude! 

Being sick is hard, not proselyting is hard, not knowing how to help your sick companion is hard BUT I live on a breathtakingly beautiful Island, I'm a daughter of God, I have been given special talents to help these very special people, and a couple weeks ago the Elders had to get us a new toilet seat cuz ours rusted and broke and they followed the spirit and bought a cushioned toilet seat which I am SO grateful for. 

God cares about the little things:) He is all knowing, all powerful, all loving, and all we have to do is trust Him.
Sister Milne














No comments:

Post a Comment