Sunday, July 2, 2017

Hafa dai!!!! (Chomorro)

Hello!
Wow the last time I emailed seems like a lifetime ago.
We got into Guam late Tuesday night and got our assignments the next day, however due to restricted flights I didn't get to come to my island until this morning! I've been with the sister training leaders on Guam and it was a nice transition because it's the in between in terms of wealth and normal living. I loved it but I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HERE NOW!!!!!!!!
I'm serving on the Island Pohnpei and have already begun learning Pohnpeian! I will seriously need the lords help in this........but i'm so excited! Its gorgeous here! I flew to Chuuk first and then here and Hawaii will never satisfy ever again. I cant wait to take pics and share them. This Island is the rainiest which means jungle everywhere! I love it! I want a machete. 
The people are supposedly the nicest here and theres a couple thousand members I think. There's a stake on this island and one on guam, so i'm lucky in that regard! This also means that there's more missionaries on this island 24 maybe? 8 sisters I think. There's about 100 missionaries in the mission and about 30% sisters:) 
I've already given up makeup and i'm excited to embrace the culture. There's tons of beautiful artisan things that they make here and also they don't use utensils when they eat. For the first time in my life i'm going to be the person with the most manners! (until i learn their ways of course) Also we live in a house cuz there's no apartments here but there's no hot water..
My companion is awesome! I just met her a couple hours ago and I already love her! She's from Pohnpei which will help with the language, but she cant drive which means i'm driving. There's so much more to share but i don't have a lot of time! Its hard to read everyone's emails so if you want to talk to me I would love handwritten letters!! My address is : 
Sister MIlne
Pohnpei Zone
P.O. Box 2203
Kolonia, Pohnpei, FSM 96941

Also I'm in the Uh Zone.
And I'm already blown away with love for these humble people. Getting to teach on Guam with the sisters was incredible, it hurt my heart to see some of the living conditions but they are so giving!
Oh and foods:
Fresh mango AMAZING
fried banana bread mash stuff MAZING
fresh tapioca not my favorite
Cooked and sweetend tapioca SO GOOD
LOVE YOU ALL

Sister Milne

1 comment: