Monday, January 1, 2018

Parakapw! (New year)

Christmas and talking with my family was such a blessing! But also way too distracting! 

When we watched Moana for Christmas, I really connected with her. Not just because I'm on an Island, but there's that part where she hands the heart of the sea back to the ocean and tells it that it picked wrong, she couldn't do it, it was too important and she needed someone else who could do it better to take her place. I feel like that with my lovely little Uh Branch sometimes! They are so important and I often feel like I can't be everything they need. I wonder why did God pick me to be here and sometimes I even feel like he picked wrong. BUT I know that God has a plan, and hopefully I will triumph in the end like Moana does. Maybe I'll even sing a dance while I'm doing it as well. 

The whole middle of the week just felt super slow, especially as my companion was sick again. But Thursday we did exchanges so Sister felt came back to Uh with me and it was a super good time. We got to join a member families Christmas dinner and they gave us so soap. We joked that maybe it was because we are always so dirty, but its actually a very common, practical gift here. 

Saturday, we got a message from our branch president that an older lady in the branch was in the hospital an in severe need of A+ blood. So we spent a large part of the day visiting members and asking for their blood. (The hospitals don't have enough blood so if you need blood you gotta get it yourself). Heavenly Father led us right to all the A+ blood type members! But they all said no. They seem to believe that blood is not a renewable resource so if they've donated once before, they can't do it again. But we finally found a less active man who said he would! Hopefully he can just keep off the drugs long enough to donate his blood to her. 

Sunday was a rough one at church. The new year is crazy here, entirely focused on getting super drunk and partying all night. I have never been so heart broken over the sins of others before, but it helped me realize that if this is how I feel, I can't even imagine what our Heavenly Father must feel when we sin. He loves us so much and just wants to help us get home to Him. But I also know that God is full of mercy. Without the full translation of the Book of Mormon, these people do not have the fullness of the gospel. BUT one day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus is the Christ. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sister Milne



No comments:

Post a Comment